Sunday, October 19, 2008

sew what





Today's Sunday & I am really going to enjoy my day today. I'm working the next 6 days straight ugh! So to start, I used these photos to inspire my new project or one project that is coming to an end it is an old trunk rehab. I've scrapped all the old paint off, sanded the old rusty metal details and handle and took out the old paper lining . I've made some fabric up to line the inside with also some vintage wall paper to go in the inside bottom portion & all with some really nice fabric/ribbon trim. I need a new sewing machine in the worst way. My sister is the only one who can really get it going right...(wish you were here) So that has been my biggest delay. Anyway Gregg just ground some fresh Starbucks coffee beans (thank you mom for those!) well off to get some caffeine, chit chat time, eggs.toast.bacon time & then trunk time! Happy Sunday all!
.
.
PS mom do remember (going back 18years or so) the push pin tomato... we had it way back on orchard rd it was in the sewing kit in the first floor bath linen closet... third photo will remind you :) I'm pretty sure that sewing basket kit started my curiosity for all sewing crafts. (there were also endless textile markets you & Nana dragged me to, I still remember the smell there...funny how now I beg for the company at those places)...once a nag always a nag ;)
.
.
PPS gregg just crushed my childhood memory & told me everyone had a tomato push pin! well my coffee is getting cold...what a meanie-boom-ba-leanie

No comments: