Sunday, March 9, 2008

through kyles eyes


I've been working with an ophthalmologist for a few years now and have grown close with many of our patients. One patient in particular has had a long road due to trauma, we have seen him through some tough times. He came to us one day toward the end of our very frequent visits and gave me a hugged and shared with me that he is so grateful for all the Md's care and my support. He then presented me with this blue bracelet (similar to the live strong yellow bands) and said "I've made a donation toward this little boy who has suffered with eye cancer and I'd like you to have one for all that you've done for me." I was so thankful to receive the bracelet and wanted to share more on this little boy Kyle. Kyle was diagnosed with Bilateral Retinoblastoma at the age of two. For those of you that may not be familiar with that term, it is cancer in both eyes. Kyle had his left eye removed and underwent 6 months of chemotherapy for the four tumors in his right eye. Kyle is now a typical five year old and has been cancer free since January of 2005! Since that time he has fallen in love with the game of golf. He is quite talented! you may find more on Kyle through http://www.kylelograsso.org/



1 comment:

rdl said...

Nice! makes me glad i dragged you out of Loews. :D