Sunday, March 2, 2008

italian girl ♥s france

anyone who knows me. this blonde haired, blue eyed Italian girl knows i do love my background i love Italy and all things it has to offer. I def. want my children to grow up knowing Italian and eating all our homemade Italian meals that have been pasted down. I even named my dog after my papa Enrico, it means Henry in English & who knows we may have a son one day name Pasquale after my uncle, jk but who knows. Anyway, with all that said...I just have a very unhealthy obsession with all things french instead-- i heart Paris...I won't say more then Rome just yet because I may get myself in trouble (for some unknown reason?) So this man in my life needs to get me there in a hurry if he wants to stop living in this french like museum i made for ourselves =]
ok here are some great french reads.





this is paris
"So here we are," begins M. Sasek's iconic This is Paris. Sasek's whimsical drawings and witty prose introduce children to life in Paris, from sidewalk artists to mademoiselles carrying baguettes, to the history and culture of the city.






Paris Out of Hand: A Wayward Guide
Do not try to make a reservation or plot a walking tour with this deliciously droll illustrated guide to an imaginary Paris. Just close your eyes and dream. By Karen Elizabeth Gordon, Barbara Hodgson, and Nick Bantock.






My French Life

http://www.vickiarcher.com/

In 1999 Vicki Archer fulfilled a lifelong dream and bought a home in France. With chapters such as "The Women," "The Scents," and "The Weekend," coupled with sumptuous photography, Archer chronicles an insider's view of life in France.

1 comment:

rdl said...

Ok now i want to go to both, italy and france!