Sunday, February 8, 2009

spiral

I went antiquing yesterday, in search of an old desk. The first shop i went to had a beautiful burnt orange/yellow desk, my eyes went right for it when i walked in. I ran to it, while wanting to shout "its mine, i saw it first" get there take the clutter off the top and see a BRIGHT orange sold sticker. WHAT, no Its perfect i want it. I pick up a lamp shade cover the sticker and then tell the man...how much for the desk, I'd like it please. All to be put back in my place.





This one place yesterday had things packed on top of each other. And I mean packed, floor to ceiling...literally. Tight isle to walk thru and I wasn't feeling it. Except the house the antique store filled had a beautiful stair case. I was mesmerized. Three Floors that a beautiful old wooden spiral staircase led you. Oh and that's were I saw Susy Scribbles, when did she become an antique? She was stacked on old dressers and chairs, she sat in her little white chair with her head touching the dusty ceiling.




I did go back to the first store where the orange table still sat haunting me. I found an okay white desk that i brought home....still looking though, i need a shabbier chic piece to inspire me. I've also been finding a lot of "s" things where ever I go....I'm taking it as a sign, for the better.

1 comment:

rdl said...

hmmm "s".
can't wait to see the desk.