Tuesday, November 11, 2008

halfway

I wanted something that we couldn't have
we're kept in the past but you'll save me for last
the truth will unfold, how I'm growing old
to take in the cold or to be left alone
she slams the door as she falls to the floor
she wants to give up though its never enough
to let me go she has to know
we're running in circles & I can't ignore
and I want to meet you halfway
is it worth it to start again?

so hard to please
keeping me on the side
so hard to define
how we seem to collide
reflections are fading and we're losing time
it's all in your mind as we're falling behind
a picture you painted has now gone away
I can't seem to erase the portrait portrayed
shes letting me go and I'm letting her know that we're letting go
I want to meet you halfway
is it worth it to start again?

I'm running around on these feet I can't stand
I'm outside your door with my heart in my hands
and I want to meet you half way
don't go

2 comments:

rdl said...

wow!! this is good. are you ok?

rdl said...

hey you unpacked yet?!? call me!!