Friday, March 6, 2009

papa

Here in the picture above is my Papa, Enrico Monaco. A man that held our family together & kept us strong. Most of my childhood memories are from times at Nana & Papas house on Turkey Hill. From the rides in the bucket of his John Deer tracker around his four acres with cousins piled on top of each other yelling to lift the bucket "higher, Higher, HIGHER!" & up we went then to the endless summers we spent splashing in the lima bean in-ground pool & cannon balls off the diving board. My memories of him are still so fresh even after 18years. I still see him waiting for our big family dinners always seated at the head of the dinning room table with fork & knife in hand. Papa was also always seated there & ready to greet us by pinching our chubby cheeks with his fat Italian fingers followed by a tap across the face then healed with a kiss. I dreaded waiting in line for my hello, I always pushed Michael by brother to the front to go first. Today marks an unfortunate date in the calenders, the day he had to leave us. Although he is kept so close to us all in thoughts & prayers. oh how I miss those times & his laugh that came from the bottom of his gut! One day in great memory, I will pass his name onto my future son. Papa, may you continue to rest in peace.

(Photo above from Melissas wedding.)

2 comments:

rdl said...

awhh..

jeanne said...

It is nice to see I was not the only one that remembered the foundation to the Monaco family on this day. He would be so proud of you. You make us all proud with your thoughtfulness